salam all, jangan lupa mengikuti kursus ini. keterangan lanjut seperti berikut:
BLA CUSTOMISED COURSE ANNOUNCEMENT
Cataloguing and Indexing (TO1)
The course will include the following aspects of cataloguing and indexing tasks
- The products: OPACs etc
- Practical exercises
· The tools available: AACR2, MARC – Catalogue as a whole: formats, guides
Upon completing the course one will be able to:
- Identify the features of effective catalogues and indexes
- Make catalogue records for different kinds of materials
- Provide suitable access points for catalogue records
- Build an authority file
- Develop local practice notes
- Input and retrieve from a computerised catalogue
- Organise a collection appropriately for users’ needs
- Principles of indexing
- Indexing processes
- Controlled vocabularies for indexing
- Comparison with other subject analysis methods
- Indexing policies
- Practicalities of indexing
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Understand the principles of indexing
- Understand the indexing process
- Understand the value of controlled languages for indexing
- Understand the relation between indexing and other forms of subject analysis
- Be able to index different forms of materials effectively
- Be able to create an indexing policy
Conducted By Hj Abd Talip Hj Tassim Library Officer Dewan Bahasa dan Pustaka Brunei
Fees : B$150 per course per participant inclusive of course handouts. Payments can only be made by cash or cheques Certificate: At the end of the workshop participant will be awarded with a Certificate based on full attendance and satisfactory completion of course
Venue: SEAMEO VOCTECH, Jln Pasar Baharu, Gadong Jalan Pasar Baharu, Gadong BE1318, Negara Brunei Darussalam
Date: 1 – 4 March 2010
Contact Details: Fax.: 2222330 or Tel : 2461021 ext 1301
Closing Date of Application: Monday, 22nd February 2010
- Please note that by attending this course will entitle each applicant to some PDS points (this requires BLA membership)
- discounts will be given only to registered BLA members who have paid up their annual fees 2010.
- Course will start promptly at : 8.15am – 12.00pm and 1.45pm – 4.30pm ; Lunchbreak : 12.00pm to 1.45pm.
- Registration of attendance will be at 7.45am and 1.30pm.
- BLA must be notified and completed application forms with full payment must reach BLA by Monday, 22nd February 2010.
- please bring your own copy of cataloguing tools.
- Course application forms can be downloaded from the BLA website : https://bruneilibraryassociation.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/catindex_hj-talip_jan2010.pdf